Vision Statement: Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching.
Mission: ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
We fulfill this with our strategic goals.
Approved by the ICF Global Board in January 2018, ICF’s 2018 Strategic Plan continues to build on the work we launched at the beginning of our 2015–2017 strategic planning cycle. An asterisk (*) is used to denote 2018 strategic goals. Two of the priority areas (Goals 1 and 2) have a further, specific focus for 2018.
1. ICF Members represent excellence in professional coaching.*
2018 Focus: ICF delivers a best-in-class credentialing program. To accomplish this, ICF researches, develops, implements and communicates robust standards, governance and operation procedures/structure, and applicant requirements for all aspects of the credentialing program.
2. ICF is the most relevant professional coaching organization.*
2018 Focus: A unified ICF creates and sustains healthy and thriving local communities around the world (ICF=global, regional and local).
3. ICF has the strongest global brand.
4. ICF promotes professional coaching.
5. ICF fosters the application of coaching for societal change.
6. ICF develops and progresses plans to expand the scope and influence of the organization.*