PCC Performance Evaluation
ICF Assessors will review two recorded coaching sessions. You are required to pass this performance evaluation at the PCC level in order to be awarded the PCC credential.
Before preparing for your performance evaluation, study the ICF Core Competencies and observe them in your coaching. Have your Mentor Coach provide feedback on how your coaching demonstrates each of the ICF Core Competencies, and which competencies you might need to practice. The PCC Markers provide information about what assessors are listening for when they conduct your performance evaluation.
Record several coaching sessions and select two sessions that demonstrate use of a wide variety of the ICF Core Competencies. Review your selected sessions and make sure the conversations are clear, audible and that only first names have been used during the coaching session. The quality and proximity of the recording device used is typically more important than the file bit rate in regards to the overall quality of the recorded file. Inaudible recorded coaching sessions will result in lower scores for the performance evaluation and delays in the credentialing process. Use of services such as Skype is not recommended to produce recordings for the performance evaluation due to possible disconnections during the session.
Your contact information must be up to date on the online credential application or you will not receive the results of your performance evaluation.
For the purpose of completing your performance evaluation, you will upload two audio recordings of actual coaching sessions when completing the online PCC credential application. Keep a copy of the files you submit for your records.
Files submitted for performance evaluation must be:
- Of a complete coaching session (not edited) lasting between 20 and 60 minutes. Those that exceed 60-minutes will not be scored.
- Feature an actual coaching session between you and a paid or pro bono client (not part of coach training). The client may not be a coach unless they are a regular client.
- In one part. Multiple files for one coaching session will not be reviewed.
- In MP3 or WMA formats. Video files and other formats will not be accepted.
- 95 megabytes or less. Use a lower bit rate to decrease file size, if needed.
- Uploaded when completing the online credential application. Providing a URL to download or stream audio recordings will not be accepted.
- Labeled/named with your name and a number, i.e., JoeSmith1.mp3 and JoeSmith2.mp3.
Available languages in which a performance evaluation can be completed are: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian (delays possible due to limited availability of assessors), Polish, Portuguese (delays possible due to limited availability of assessors), Russian (delays possible due to limited availability of assessors), Spanish and Swedish. If a language is not listed, you may submit recordings in that language for review but an English transcript must be provided. Use of an interpreter is not permitted.