ACC Performance Evaluation
The ACC Portfolio process includes a performance evaluation where ICF Assessors will review one recorded coaching session. You are required to pass this performance evaluation at the ACC level in order to be awarded the ACC credential.
Before preparing for your performance evaluation, study the ICF Core Competencies and observe them in your coaching. Have your Mentor Coach provide feedback on how your coaching demonstrates each of the ICF Core Competencies, and which competencies you might need to practice. The ICF Competencies level chart (PDF) provides information about what assessors are listening for when they conduct your performance evaluation.
Record several coaching sessions and select one session that demonstrates use of a wide variety of the ICF Core Competencies. Review your selected session and make sure the conversation is clear, audible and that only first names have been used during the coaching session. The quality and proximity of the recording device used is typically more important than the file bit rate in regards to the overall quality of the recorded file. An inaudible recorded coaching session will result in lower scores for the performance evaluation and delays in the credentialing process. Use of services such as Skype is not recommended to produce recordings for the performance evaluation due to possible disconnections during the session.
Your contact information must be up to date on the online credential application or you will not receive the results of your performance evaluation.
For the purpose of completing your performance evaluation, you will upload an audio recording of an actual coaching session when completing the online ACC Credential application. Keep a copy of the file you submit for your records. Please do not indicate the level of credential you are seeking in the audio file you submit.
Files submitted for performance evaluation must be:
- Of a complete coaching session (not edited) lasting between 20 and 60 minutes. Those that exceed 60-minutes will not be scored.
- Feature an actual coaching session between you and a paid or pro bono client (not part of coach training). The client may not be a coach unless they are a regular client.
- In one part. Multiple files for one coaching session will not be reviewed.
- In MP3 or WMA formats. Video files and other formats will not be accepted.
- 95 megabytes or less. Use a lower bit rate to decrease file size, if needed.
- Uploaded when completing the online credential application. Providing a URL to download or stream audio recordings will not be accepted.
- Labeled/named with your name and a number, i.e., JoeSmith1.mp3 and JoeSmith2.mp3.
Available languages in which a performance evaluation can be completed are: Danish, English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. If a language is not listed, you may submit recordings in that language for review but an English transcript must be provided. Use of an interpreter is not permitted.