The International Coach Federation (ICF) recognizes the importance of protecting our users' privacy. To that end we have created the privacy statement and spam policy in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. Information on how site content can and cannot be used is also listed below. Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond ICF's policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the ICF website.
What Information is Collected
ICF and its Web hosting company, acting as ICF's agent, collect and store technical information about your visit to our website. We use this information for statistical purposes to make our site more accessible to visitors and the information we collect is not provided to any other third party. Specifically, we may record:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of Web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
Throughout the website there may be forms to request information, products, and services. These forms typically ask for contact information (such as your phone, address or e-mail address), financial information (such as your credit card numbers), and demographic information (for example, company product categories, areas of interest, location, etc.) Contact information from these forms is used to send the products, promotional materials or membership information that you request.
How Information Collected is Used
Demographic and profile data collected at our site may be added to a database maintained by ICF to customize your website experience. It may be used to contact users of the web site for online surveys or advocacy purposes if the user has indicated an interest. No personal information is ever shared or sold to a third party.
Links to Other Sites
The website contains links to other sites. ICF is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. Inclusion of links to an outside website, whether in an advertisement or content area of ICF's website, is not an endorsement of the website or a guarantee that the information it contains is accurate.
This site makes list servers and Web forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal or business information.
This site uses physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected online including firewalls to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The use of these security measures is not a guarantee that information supplied over the Internet will not be intercepted.
Choice/Opt-Out or Corrections/Updates
Users of our website have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive any future communications or need to change or modify information previously provided;
- You can send an email to email@example.com.
- You can call the following telephone number: +1.859.219.3580.
Change in Terms of Privacy
ICF reserves the right to alter its privacy policies. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
This site is controlled and operated by ICF from its offices within the United States. ICF makes no representations that materials, information, or content available on or through this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where such materials, information, or content are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You may access, download and print materials on this website for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this website without first obtaining written consent from ICF. Furthermore, you may not use the materials found on this website on any other websites or in a networked environment without first obtaining written consent from ICF.
All materials on this site (as well as the organization and layout of the site) are owned and copyrighted by the International Coach Federation. © Copyright International Coach Federation (ICF). All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials at this site is permitted without the written permission of ICF.
Usage Permissions Form
Member/coach contact information included on ICF's website is not posted for the purpose of promoting/marketing products/services to coaches, but is primarily posted for the purpose of allowing potential clients of a coach to connect with a coach. All other email and electronic communications with members should adhere to the following principles:
- You should have a prior relationship with the person receiving your email. (Someone giving you their business card is acceptable in this regard–it implies permission to get in contact. Similarly if someone has sent you an email.)
- A valid "from" and "reply to" address must be included with each message.
- If you have a subscription list, you should send a confirmation email that the person wishes to be on the list.
- There should always be a quick way to unsubscribe from any mail list.
- Any request to cease mailing from an individual or organization should be quickly honored.
- A complaint involving a breach of this policy may be considered a violation of the ICF Code of Ethics, and therefore referred to the Independent Review Board for their consideration. Should they find a breach occurred, remedies may be required. Sanctions may also be imposed such as suspending or terminating the coach's membership and/or credential with the ICF.
Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond ICF's policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the ICF website.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact the following:
International Coach Federation
2365 Harrodsburg Rd, Suite A325
Lexington, KY 40504
Phone: 888.423.3131, +1.859.219.3580
Fax: 888.329.2423, +1.859.226.4411